Posted to rec.woodworking
Dr. Deb[_5_] Dr. Deb[_5_] is offline

Default table saw sleds

On Monday, January 30, 2017 at 12:51:51 PM UTC-6, Electric Comet wrote:
seems that everyone uses a sled on their ts

well at least in the videos i have watched

i like the idea and so i am making one or maybe two

if you have a sled do you use the same one for dados or do you have
two sleds

small shop and do not want two sleds

thinking of devising an insert so that i have one sled with two inserts

anyone done this

what else is there to know about making the sled

steel versus wood runners

like the idea of steel runners but wood may work fine too
metalsupermarkets.com had some cold rolled that would work

my ts has t slots but the sled runners probably should not lock into
the slots as they might get caught up

I have made about three or four. The last one is the best. The one previous went with the TS it was fitted to, when I sold the TS. The absolute best video on how to square the sled to the blade is this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbG-n--LFgQ

As to your other question, I only use mine for crosscuts. I have two Incra miter jigs that I use for all others (the one I got on Ebay had been dropped and is only accurate on 45degree cuts. The other one [their 1000SE] is used for all other angle cuts.