Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default OT travel power adaptor

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 31 Jan 2017 07:45:39 -0500,
wrote:

Hi all ;
I am planning a vacation to Ireland and shopping for a travel adaptor.
All the ones that I find online state that they do not convert the
voltage - which is OK for the laptop converter - which will accept
240 volts 50 - 60 hertz ; and OK for USB charging ;
- but what about other 120 volt devices like my camera battery
charger - that are 120 volt input ?

How old is that. Are you sure it doesn't work on 240. I just bought
this real cheap battery charger, with two batteries, auto plug, and
european adapter for iirc $14 and it runs on 100-240

I have only the nameplate on the devices to go by - these are
chargers for Ni-MH AA AAA batteries - both of my everyday units
were 120 volt - but I dug around the house and found a third one
that is 100 - 240 volt so I'm good, now.
If I were to judge them by apparent "build quality" - I would say
the older 120 volt units are better built - heavier weight, thicker
plastic, stronger metal contacts...

Of course. They're made by Americans for Americans. Not for pointy
headed liberals who think it's cool to leave America, the land of the
free and the home of the brave.

If you're going to Ireland, you're probably some pointy headed liberal
too.

probably the reason that they
were my everyday units.
John T.