Posted to alt.home.repair
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default Electrical advice-30A circuits

On Tue, 31 Jan 2017 16:12:53 -0000, wrote:

On Tue, 31 Jan 2017 07:06:40 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Monday, January 30, 2017 at 8:35:29 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jan 2017 23:51:09 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"

No need for so many circuits. We typically have one (or two in larger homes) 30A 240V circuit(s) for outlets, one 30A 240V circuit for the cooker, one 15A 240V circuit for the water heater, and two 5A 240V circuits for lighting.

You folks just do not have as many electrical appliances I guess. To
start with I doubt air conditioning is that prevalent. In most of the
US it is standard equipment. Our "cookers" (ranges) are typically 40a
or maybe 50a. If you can't get natural gas, you will have electric
water heaters and maybe even electric heat. Add a swimming pool,
electric dryer, spa and perhaps a shop, then the loads add up fast.

My double electric oven is 40A, IDK what the electric cooktop
is, but probably 30A? AC breaker is 50A, probably only pulls
half that when it up and running. Hot tub is on a 40A.
Electric dryer is 30A.

Cooktop is usually 20a but may spec a 30a circuit. A new 3 ton AC

Why is it measured in tins? They can't weigh that much.

pulls 15-16a at the condenser

Since those things are about 400% efficient, that means you can cool your house with the power of 15kW!

--
Instructions on a Chinese fuzzaway:
Do not use it in shaving off beard.