Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_4_] John Grossbohlin[_4_] is offline

Default My New Bosch Miter Saw Is Defective. :-(

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

Some of you may recall that I recently bought a Bosch CM10GD miter saw on
Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-CM10GD-.../dp/B00G5R4E9A

I spent some quality time with it this weekend and it looks like it is
defective. I called Bosch tech support this morning and when I described
the problem, he said to return it and get a new one.

Here's the issue:

http://i.imgur.com/sGJYoVf.jpg

That photo makes me wonder if there is end play in the arbor/shaft such that
under power the arbor/shaft and blade move away from the motor and then as
the blade comes to a rest they move back towards the motor.

I wonder this based on prior experience...