Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Vinyl Flooring for Tub Surround?

On Mon, 30 Jan 2017 19:56:34 -0800, croy
wrote:

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 10:47:42 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Saturday, January 28, 2017 at 7:41:59 PM UTC-5, croy wrote:
Is there a big reason why vinyl flooring isn't used more
often for tub/shower surrounds?

--
croy

Is it even used at all? I've never seen it.

Neither have I. There must be good reasons why we haven't
seen it--I'm just wondering what those reasons are.

One problem would be how do you deal with corners?

Inside corners would be caulked, I suppose, just like tile.

Edges? I guess you could use some kind of plastic
molding in the corners, with some kind of glue to hold it on. But I've never
seen it done.

I think there are edgings available, just like for floors.

And having something odd, if resale is any consideration,
usually isn't a good idea.

I wouldn't argue that point for one second!

I've seen solid vinyl flooring used for surrounds. Ages ago I even
say genuine linoleum.