Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default My New Bosch Miter Saw Is Defective. :-(

On 1/30/17 8:24 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Some of you may recall that I recently bought a Bosch CM10GD miter
saw on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-CM10GD-.../dp/B00G5R4E9A

I spent some quality time with it this weekend and it looks like it
is defective. I called Bosch tech support this morning and when I
described the problem, he said to return it and get a new one.

Here's the issue:

http://i.imgur.com/sGJYoVf.jpg

If I leave the head unit down until the blade stops, it leaves that
mark. Every time, every blade. I tried the Bosch 60 tooth blade that
came with the saw, I tried a Dewalt 60 tooth Fine Crosscutting blade
and a tried a Diablo 40 tooth General Purpose blade. Every time,
every blade.

It was not leaving that mark during my initial testing, so something
obviously happened since then.

The tech suspects that the blade is wobbling. He suggested checking
both the inner and outer washers and the face of the head unit behind
the inner washer. If I don't see anything obvious (I don't) then it
could be the bearings.

In any case, I'm still within the 30 day return period for Amazon, so
I'm going to call them tomorrow, get a return authorization and
request a replacement.

Sucks.

That's too bad. I always wondered about the stability of that saw with
all those connections and travel in the arm.
You picture does point to simple blade wobble, however. The solution
would be to not stop the saw until you raise the blade. But that could
cause tear-out on the top and you really shouldn't have to deal with that
crap with a saw that costs that much.

Amazon has some pretty good customer service so you should be ok with a
return. Still sucks to have to deal with all that. For a saw that
costs that much, that is unacceptable.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)