Posted to alt.home.repair
Gordon Shumway Gordon Shumway is offline

Default New faucet - reduced flow

On Mon, 30 Jan 2017 18:50:58 -0600, Dean Hoffman wrote:

On 1/30/17 6:36 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
I just installed a new Moen 7545, one handle, pull out kitchen
faucet. There is a noticeable reduction in flow from our previous
faucet. I suspect this reduction is due to a government regulation
that mandates a reduced flow. There appears to be nothing wrong with
the faucet other than a lower flow rate. Does anyone know what part
was changed to comply with a regulation to reduce flow and can it be
replaced with an older version (full flow) part?

The strainer/filter at the end?

I don't know. I sent an email to Moen, but I expect a reply that is drafted by a lawyer. There's a big plumbing supply
house near me and I'll call them and see if they have a recommendation.