Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default New faucet - reduced flow

On 1/30/2017 7:36 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
I just installed a new Moen 7545, one handle, pull out kitchen faucet. There is a noticeable reduction in flow from
our previous faucet. I suspect this reduction is due to a government regulation that mandates a reduced flow. There
appears to be nothing wrong with the faucet other than a lower flow rate. Does anyone know what part was changed to
comply with a regulation to reduce flow and can it be replaced with an older version (full flow) part?

Lavatory faucets are 1.5 gpm. Kitchen faucets are 2.2 gpm. Not a big
deal rinsing dishes, but PITA filling a big pot. At least some use the
aerator to restrict. I don't know how easily they can be modified though.