Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default washer overflow from standpipe

On Sunday, January 29, 2017 at 11:14:05 PM UTC-5, Nancy wrote:
Stand pipe now is 39'' from bottom of washer. It overflows, so how many feet
should I raise it? or is getting a smaller hose better to control the flow?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...e-1122771-.htm

P2706.2 Standpipes for automatic clothes washers shall extend a minimum of 30 inches (762 mm) and a maximum of 48 inches (1219 mm) above the finished floor. The trap for a clothes washer shall be installed at a maximum of 12 inches (305 mm) above the finished floor.

Like Gfre said, I doubt the height is your problem, more likely it's
the drain is partially clogged and needs to be cleared. Missing is
if this is a new install or one that was working until now.