Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Win 7 or XP?

rbowman wrote:
On 01/29/2017 11:41 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
7 is a lot like Vista , I personally prefer XP Pro ... I have no
experiencewith anything newer but I hear 10 invades your privacy
significantly - and by default puts all your stuff in the cloud . I
prefer to store my stuff right here at home .

No, 7 actually works... I had very few dealing with Vista but those
were painful. Luckily our clients skipped it completely just like they
skipped 8. MS has a reputation among IT professionals that you're
better off skipping every other release. They've clouded that pool
with the Windows 10 Forever scheme. Now you don't know which update
is going to hose your machine.

I meant to say that it "feels" a lot like Vista .
--
Snag