Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Plumber!!!!

wrote in message
On Sunday, 29 January 2017 16:51:19 UTC, DerbyBorn wrote:
Stayed in a hotel recently - the shower hose connectors at both ends
leaked
badly. They were a mess of sealant and PTFE tape.

I reported it to the reception. She said the "plumber" had recently fixed
it - and she would call him back!

probably a euphemism for 'I spent £1 on a tube
of poundland sealant, so what's the problem?'

Unlikely too many receptionists do much plumbing.

Presumably he doesn't know that a rubber washer is needed and the thread
is
merely for providing a clamping force. I wondered if he really considered
himself to be a "plumber"?

NT