Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Win 7 or XP?

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 18:01:09 -0800 (PST), ItsJoanNotJoann
wrote:

On Sunday, January 29, 2017 at 12:09:54 PM UTC-6, Newgene McMensa wrote:

Is Win 7 any easier to use than 8.1? If the way you interface is more like 8.1 than XP, then I will install XP on it.
`
Snuffy

You do know there is no support from MSN now for XP, correct?

Don't know when I last needed OS support on XP - so that's not an
issue for myself - but not being able to run the latest browsers, and
a whole ot of incompatabilities with new programs has convinced me. I
still have about 30 XP machines running in the plant (no internet
connection - only dedicated database application - which are being
replaced with win7 machines when they fail. We have a stack of
off-lease Lenovos sitting in wait - some that we bought for the
purpose, and others that came from the plant the company took over and
closed in Toronto.