Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Win 7 or XP?

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 16:51:32 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 1/29/2017 4:14 PM, trader_4 wrote:

I don't know that you can say that nothing goes to the cloud.
Search queries using Edge for example? You can't stop the
cloud from seeing what you want to search for, and maybe not
from using it for their own purposes either. But if you mean
your typical saved word files, excel stuff, that doesn't
automatically go to the cloud on Win 10, AFAIK anyway.

Any search engine is taking your inquiries. I use Google on Chrome.

I'm very happy with Win 10, by far the best OS they've produced
yet. The one weak spot is the Edge browser sucks, it can't
manage bookmarks, for example. But I tried it for a few days,
then quickly went to Chrome.

I use IE11 on Win10 Pro. It comes installed but not "enabled". Very
simple to set up - Edge is basically trial-ware - not ready for prime
time yet.

I use Yahoo mail as that is what my ISP uses. With Edge, I cannot reply
to Yahoo mail so I'm sticking with Chrome. I could use another mail
program, but that does not work well as I work from three different
computers.

Google is no less evil than MS or anyone else, but it works for me.
Even simple things like saving a password on one computer makes it
available on others if I'm signed in. My calendar shows appointments my
wife has too so it is easy to void conflicts.

I use Firefox where IE11 does not do the job - I find Chrome to be
bloated.