Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Win 7 or XP?

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 15:50:48 -0600, wrote:

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 13:14:57 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

I don't know that you can say that nothing goes to the cloud.
Search queries using Edge for example? You can't stop the
cloud from seeing what you want to search for, and maybe not
from using it for their own purposes either. But if you mean
your typical saved word files, excel stuff, that doesn't
automatically go to the cloud on Win 10, AFAIK anyway.

I only have one question. Lets say someone buys a computer with Win10,
and only buys it to run office software, or they design graphics, or use
it to operate a DJ music service, etc. and does NOT connect it to the
internet at all.

Nothing can go to a cloud, MS cant spy on anyone, etc. Will Win10 even
function without an internet connection?

Yres it will function just fine without even a network connection -
muchless an internet connection

I have an XP machine that I use to store data. I have many thousands of
videos and music on it, and I have a backup of all my personal stuff on
it (besides my regular backups). That computer has NEVER been connected
to the internet, nor is it networked to any other computer. Everything I
put on it, is put there using flash drives. I do use it to watch the
videos and play music, but it will NEVER be connected to the internet.
This way I dont have to worry about malware (I scan everything before I
put it on that machine).

Anyhow, it works fine as it is. I installed XP Sp3 initially. I dont
need any upgrades. It works fine as it is, for what I do with it.

But I question if Win10 would work that way? Not that it much matters, I
have no intention to upgrade to 10. I dont want anyting above Win7.

It will work just fine.