Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Win 7 or XP?

On 01/29/2017 02:19 PM, Diesel wrote:
internet content? Which codecs and/or protocols specifically are you
writing about that are not available/not supported under XP?

I'm developing a browser based map that will not run on XP. The base
maps are content provided by ESRI and to render the map functions are
called that are not available on XP. I believe it has to do with OpenGL
acceleration but I would have to look at the error to refresh my memory.

In this case ESRI is the content provider and there is nothing I can do
to make it work.

I believe IE can be upgraded to some extent but I'm not going to limit
myself because a prehistoric IE version can't handle modern Javascript.
I don't use IE so I may have the versions wrong but either 6 or 7 had a
pitiful engine that would take 20 times as long to render a page a
Chrome or Firefox. To put that in real terms, the user experience really
sucked. The new Chakra engine is competitive but you're not going to see
than on XP.