Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Win 7 or XP?

On 01/29/2017 02:19 PM, Diesel wrote:
Sadly, for the most part, that's the authors personal lazy choice.
Aside from a few API calls which are new/altered, there's no real
reason to deliberately force your binary not to run under Windows XP.

If you use new API call, the app isn't going to run. No reason to force
anything. It's no different than if I add a new call to one of our
dll's. Older software that doesn't depend on the new call still works.
New software linked against the new lib won't run with the old dll.

It's not a lazy choice. The world moves on. We're not going to use
multiple source branches, builds, documents, and test protocols to
support those living in the past.