Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Win 7 or XP?

On 01/29/2017 02:19 PM, Diesel wrote:
Otherwise, it's lazy programmers who just don't want to deal with XP
users anymore. In fact, some actually had to add more code to detect
XP vs another NT based OS and refuse to run if it's detected. Not
because XP couldn't run the code mind you, but, because the author
decided they didn't want their program running on XP anymore.

Speaking as a programmer, we tell our clients that if they want to run
XP, so far our software will run on it but there are no guarantees that
will be the case with new releases.

The problem comes with having to test an entire software suite with an
OS that even the manufacturer doesn't support. The Android products are
the same. We're not going to lock ourselves into six year old code just
because a few people still have 2.3 devices. I do a special build so I
can run on my old 4.0.4 tablet and it more or less works. However we
can't ship something more or less.