Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Win 7 or XP?

On 01/29/2017 01:53 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 13:33:12 -0500, Al Dente
wrote:

On 1/29/2017 1:09 PM, Newgene McMensa wrote:
Is Win 7 any easier to use than 8.1? If the way you interface is more like 8.1 than XP, then I will install XP on it.
`
Snuffy

If ease of use is your goal, consider Microsoft Bob Desktop running on Windows for Workgroups 3.11

As long as you don't need internet access. 7 or 10 - forget anything
in between - and except for special apps forget XP - and regardless,
forget anything earlier.

Windows for Workgroups sort of knew about networks or at least LANs. For
3.1 you could get a socket stack from Trumpet. Not that Trumpet, damn it:

http://www.trumpet.com.au/index.php/downloads.html

I don't know how many people got on the 'net because of Peter Tattam but
like Bram Moolenaar an Vim he certainly didn't become a Bill Gates
Billionaire.

http://thanksfortrumpetwinsock.com/

if you want to buy him a Foster's for old times sake.