Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hankook tires

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 08:29:14 -0600, philo wrote:

On 01/29/2017 08:06 AM, Naturous wrote:
philo wrote on 1/28/2017 :
I have been taking my cars for service to the same place for 40 years.
It's walking distance from my house so I don't have to sit there all
day or deal with buses home. They have always done things right so
I've stuck with them.

A few days ago all I needed was a couple of tires replaced. They
usually put on Goodyear so I did not specify but I noticed this time
they used Hankook. I never heard of this brand so now I'm wondering if
they just cheaped out on me to make a bigger profit?

Google says they are South Korean and customer reviews vary all over
the map from poor to excellent.

Car gets very little use so perhaps it's a moot point.

Ko tires like hankook get the job done to My satisfaction. I just wish
Goodyear would make a reliable tire. I've had several blow out on the
tread and the sidewall. They were Warranted, but going through the
hassle of replacing bad new tires sucks.
The racing tires from Goodyear are very good.

Guess they are not what they used to be.

The cheap tires from just about any manufacturer are crap. The
better tires from most companies are much better.