Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] redzap78@gmail.com is offline

Default Vinyl Flooring for Tub Surround?

On Saturday, January 28, 2017 at 8:01:36 PM UTC-8, croy wrote:
On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 20:06:11 -0500, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 1/28/2017 7:42 PM, croy wrote:
Is there a big reason why vinyl flooring isn't used more
often for tub/shower surrounds?

Aside from ugly, there are better materials often seamless. Ceramic
tiles are great, but more expensive than some of the plastic or
fiberglass surrounds available. I used tiles, but there is something for
most every budget.

Actually, there are some pretty nice patterns in vinyl
flooring--at least they look nice on-screen.

But what I'm noticing, the price really isn't much different
from ceramic tile.

It does seem to me like the vinyl might have a little better
sound absorbtion than ceramic tile (less reflected sound),
while tile might have better attenuation of transmitted
sound.

--
croy

Ceramic tile will last longer and is easer to maintain.