Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Jinxer@adelphia.net is offline

Default Load capacity of 200-amp panel

Okay I own a tanning salon. I currently have a 200amp box. All the beds run on 230.

Is it ever possible in any way to run 225 amps of beds at the same time? Can I put a bigger main breaker box for example? I just need a smidge more amps and cant really afford or justify changing the entire service over 20-25 more amps. At most I would only be at that 225 max amp draw for 15 mins at a time etc.

Current Bed configuration:

Bed #1 = 20amp draw
Bed #2 = 20amp draw
Bed #3 = 55amp draw
Bed #4 = 55amp draw
Bed #5 = 20amp draw
Bed #6 = 20amp draw
Current total amp draw from beds = 190 amp draw

Everything works fine with this configuration but I want to REMOVE a 20amp draw bed and replace it with a 55amp draw bed, which will make the new amp draw 225amps at any point where all 6 beds happen to be turned on at the same time. Just find it hard to believe that my only option would be to have the city re run a total new service over 25 amps.

Can this be done and if so can it be done safely?