Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default "Fridge/freezer not designed to work if ambient temp10oC"

NY wrote:

When she bought another freezer, we chose one by Beko which was certified
for ambient temps down to about -15. It lives in the house, along with
others that are not suitable for low temps, but can be moved into the shed
if we need the space in the pantry for something else.

When I needed one to go in our garage, Beko was the only make
that I could find that was actually rated for such a location.

Being an inset garage, it doesn't get very cold, but would still
have been outside everybody else's terms, and I didn't want to
risk warranty quibbles.

No complaints so far.

Chris
--