Barley Twist

Default Skirting Mitre

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 02:13:59 +0000, Lee Blaver
wrote:

[snip] was scribed and looked dreadful.
Maybe because it was poorly done though...

I've never had a deal of success with internal mitres - on skirtings,
the decorative part of sash windows, or once on some trim around the
top of book-case bays.

Could somebody please explain just what the technique is to "scribe"
these internal joints - it's often referred to in books but never
deomonstrated. I've done simple ones where there are "real right
angles" (? TM) with simple rectangular bits of wood but always mess up
on the "arty" mouldings ...

please take pity ...

Thanks,

Barley Twist
(Please put out the cats to reply direct)