RichardS

Default overlapping ring and radial 13A circuits

"northern_relayer" wrote in message
snip

as for part 2: your responses open a can of worms I fear:

first, in passing:
That is because there is the possibility they may be used for outdoor
equipment. Sockets which 'may' be used to power outdoor stuff MUST be

RCD
protected.

that's what I understood, but if they are labelled 'indoor use by
computer/hifi/Tv only' & the sockets are a different colour (eg
yellow/blue/red) is that enough to make them 'not likely to be used
outside?

snip

I think that the easiest way to satisfy this requirement is to install some
weatherproof IPx6 sockets outside in areas that you would be normally using
the outdoor equipment - ie strategic places around the house.

Make sure this circuit is adequately RCD protected, and isolate the sockets
from switches inside if necessay (if you're worried about people nicking
your leccy!).

If there are sockets in sufficient positions for all round house access then
this would make it most unlikely that an internal socket was used for
external appliances, therefore to my reading of the regs you would not have
to protect the internal sockets.

I'm sure others will comment upon whehter this would be sufficient.

It's also very convenient, and means that you can do dusty/messy jobs
outside will all the doors/windows securely closed so you don't get
dust/grass clippings/etc migrating into the house...

--
Richard Sampson

email me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk