Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Stripper

No sadly my last ones, made in Malta were pretty good but eventually the
different jaw pieces began to wear and not work very well. I also think
modern wire seems to have a much stronger grip between wire and sleeping
than it used to which can put a lot of strain on such devices. I'm on the
look out for something like this too, as since losing sight its hard to
judge the side cutters cut depth.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
wrote in message
On Friday, 27 January 2017 23:35:54 UTC, Dave Liquorice wrote:
No... Wire stripper.

Fed up using side cutters and blade. Are the automatic things any
good and really cover from the jacket of 2.5 T&E down to individual
wires from alarm (stranded) or CW1308 (solid) cables without
adjustment.

I have half an eye on the CK one at Screwfix:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/c-k-automa...stripper/97204

Yay, nay?

IIRC automatics will cover a limited range without adjustment, but nothing
like you're asking for. There is no perfect wire stripper.

NT