John

Default Skirting Mitre

"Barley Twist" wrote in message
Could somebody please explain just what the technique is to "scribe"
these internal joints - it's often referred to in books but never
deomonstrated. I've done simple ones where there are "real right
angles" (? TM) with simple rectangular bits of wood but always mess up
on the "arty" mouldings ...

Let's see if I can describe this OK. Take a piece of skirting and mitre it
as normal (internal corner). Now take a coping saw and follow the profile
at the top of the mitre. If done carefully and correctly the cut piece
should be an exact fit over the front face of the other skirting you are
mating to. I hope that makes sense to you, it does to me but I know what I
am trying to say!

Try it on a few bits of scrap first, it's not as dificult as it sounds.

HTH

John