Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default OT travel power adaptor

On 1/27/2017 10:34 AM, wrote:
Hi all ;
I am planning a vacation to Ireland and shopping for a travel adaptor.
All the ones that I find online state that they do not convert the
voltage - which is OK for the laptop converter - which will accept
240 volts 50 - 60 hertz ; and OK for USB charging ;
- but what about other 120 volt devices like my camera battery
charger - that are 120 volt input ?
Are there better adaptors available that reduce the voltage ?
or some other option ?
John T.

I think you are reading something wrong. There are dozens of them
available from Amazon, Target Staples, etc. Europe has a two pin plug
but half that is the US voltage so it takes the juice off of one side.

You can get 110 from their 220, but when they say it does not change
voltage you cannot get 220 from the USA 110 sockets.

I think I paid $10 for mine some years ago. Newer ones have USB ports
too.