Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT travel power adaptor

On Fri, 27 Jan 2017 12:22:44 -0500, Meanie wrote:

On 1/27/2017 12:01 PM, Retired wrote:
On 1/27/17 11:19 AM, Meanie wrote:
On 1/27/2017 10:34 AM, wrote:
Hi all ;
I am planning a vacation to Ireland and shopping for a travel adaptor.
All the ones that I find online state that they do not convert the
voltage - which is OK for the laptop converter - which will accept
240 volts 50 - 60 hertz ; and OK for USB charging ;
- but what about other 120 volt devices like my camera battery
charger - that are 120 volt input ?
Are there better adaptors available that reduce the voltage ?
or some other option ?
John T.

According to this guy, you only need an adapter to fit European
sockets since the European voltage is dual voltage.

https://www.ricksteves.com/travel-ti...ers-converters

I'm uncertain of it's validity.

---

NNNNOOOO...

What he said was the "gadgets" today are dual, NOT the electric supply
lines in Europe !!!

Quote:
"Today's *gadgets* are "dual voltage," which means they work on both
American and European current. "

Yep, that went over my head. Thanks for clarifying.

---

And he forgot to insert that important word "most" or "many" or
"some".