Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do I need a third stringer for my deck stairs?

On Thursday, January 26, 2017 at 2:14:05 PM UTC-6, Scott J. wrote:
replying to SteveBell, Scott J. wrote:
If you have enough nose hanging out over the steps you could add 1 X 8 riser
boards on the vertical face of the stairs. This will cut way down on the
springiness on the outer part of the step. A lot easier than adding a
stringer. I'm an Engineer but I'm also practical and lazy.
--

Oh man, you're too late. 7 years ago, SteveBell was trampled and eaten by a herd of rabid gerbils. It was a real tragedy. He is survived by a wife, 4 ex-wives, 23 children, a flock of geese, 6 dogs, 18 cats, 3 monkeys, 2 elephants and 326 gerbils. The gerbils really miss him. ヽ(€¢€¿€¢)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster