Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bruce Esquibel[_2_] Bruce Esquibel[_2_] is offline

Default Panasonic DVD Recorder DMR-ES20 takes Long Time to Initialize

wrote:

Now do the math: We, by direct measurement, have a vampire load of about
15 watts in our house. That is everything from the microwave clock to the
wall-warts to the television and more. Power is $0.14/kwh (US dollars).

(15 x 24 x 7 x 365) = 919,800 = total watts.
919,800/1000 = 919.8 kilowatt hours
919.8 x 0.14 = $128.77 per year
128.77/12 = $10.73 per month
10.73/30 = $0.36 per day

There is something ****ed up with your math.

A steady draw of 15 watts would take 66.6 hours to consume 1 kilowatt or
nearly 3 days.

So the actual cost would be closer to 12 cents a day, not 36 cents.

-bruce