Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] ecoyle@telus.net is offline

Default Expected Life Of a Pedestal Sump Pump ?

being a frugal guy and not finding little giant pond pumps quite adequate to provide suffieicent water flow for my pond, i use sump pumps for my pond. On a timer they run about 9 hrs a day in the summer.

Experienced life....about 1 year.

Cause of failure? one main issue....

Firstly the units are sealed, so they don't get water in the 'lectrics, but they do inevitably fail tripping the GFI. The Princess auto pumps have typically plastic bushings, and they wear out. goodby to water tightness....hello failure

Well, they don't make em like they used to. The upside is that they typically come with a one year warranty

With a 14 years under yer belt, I would suggest leaving it in place, getting a water alarm, and having a replacement pump at hand or even "piggybacked" in the same drainage can?????.

Just my though

Eric

Eric