Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Bud@Weiser.com is offline

Default Expected Life Of a Pedestal Sump Pump ?

On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 07:25:15 -0600, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

On 1/24/17 6:56 PM, wrote:

I wonder how this would work in a bathtub?
I know of a certain elderly person, who dont watch the tub when it's
filling, and tends to overflow the tub fairly often.
Ive been trying to find some way to alert them when the tub is near
full.

What are they called so I can google for them?

"Bathtub alarm" turned up a lot of hits.

Thanks, I was hoping there was something for this use.
I'd prefer it sensed the water before the tub began to overflow, rather
than after. As long as they are battery operated, there is no risk of
electrocution, and can be placed right into the tub itself. It looks
like some of them are made just to be used that way.