Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default New toilet cistern not touching wall

I've seen some spaced out in other peoples bathrooms, usually it
wassomethingthat looked a bit like the tiles themselves but in reality was
probably chipboard faced with something or other.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
On 2017-01-25, Simon T wrote:
Am currently installing a new bathroom suite.

Removed the old toilet to tile behind it. Went to fit the new one, only
find the new tank is a lot smaller and doesn't touch the wall, leaving a
40mm gap (or thereabouts).

Can't push the toilet pan back any further. So, is it a case of taking
the
pan back off and cutting the soil pipe back by 40mm, or do I just use an
extra long screw and some sort of spacer?

I've always done the latter. I've used rubber bungs or 22mm water pipe
as spacer before now. You can also screw a batten to the wall & fix the
cistern to that.

--
Today is Setting Orange, the 25th day of Chaos in the YOLD 3183
I don't have an attitude problem.