Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Expected Life Of a Pedestal Sump Pump ?

On 1/24/2017 9:35 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 24 Jan 2017 21:08:14 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 1/24/2017 7:41 PM, Arnie Goetchius wrote:

It is a Water Ace R3P. According to Flotec it is obsolete but they may have
parts. Reviews on Amazon are positive for the original versions but reviewers
suggested that later versions were not so good.

Everything has been cheapened in recent years so that may be true.
Aside from age, any reason to suspect it is going to stop working? If
it does, how much time would you have before serious damage from water?
Room in the sump to set up a secondary?

She said she already has a battery operated backup. installed.

I saw that after. In that case, I'd leave well enough alone until it
breaks.