Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
prairiesky prairiesky is offline

Default ZERO DAY!!!!!!

On 01/24/2017 07:45 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Nice evasion . I TIG CI with either strips of CI cut from an old
woodburning stove door or with Invar 42 (thanks Dan!) or braze with
brass . I haven't used any but understand there are a couple of
nickel based electrodes that work well . So tell us , did you preheat
? Cool slowly after welding or peen the welds as they cooled ? Weld
it cold and pray ?

So funny! I don't recall much of what I did and didn't do, but I was
pretty sure that if I casually blew Dan off, he wouldn't be punky
enough to escalate this into a macho-dude challenge.

Hey, Coombs! My anvil is bigger than yours. You're a punk.