HvacTech2

Default Replacing furnace blower motor

Hi D, hope you are having a nice day

On 18-Aug-03 At About 21:05:11, D O G wrote to All
Subject: Replacing furnace blower motor

DOG From: "D O G"

DOG "HeatMan" wrote in message
DOG ...
Get a *competent*, licensed, professionally trained, HVAC technician

DOG get
the problem diagnosed and corrected properly. It will save you money
in the long run.

I had a customer that wanted to do it himself. He burned his brand
new motor and still had to pay me to come out and install a new motor

DOG but replacing a motor does
DOG seem quite doable to me. I already took it out, all I have to do is
DOG buy a new one and put it back in.

DOG So, if anybody has answers to my original questions, I'd appreciate
DOG it very much.

The questions you are asking are very basic and that is why we are trying to
get you to understand that it isn't quite as easy as you are thinking it is.
it is very easy to burn a relay or even easier to burn up that circuit board
that most of the new ones have nowadays. all it takes is one wire in the
wrong place and you have a nicely toasted mess.

-= HvacTech2 =-

... "After they make styrofoam, what do they ship it in?" - s.w.

___ TagDude 0.92á+[DM]
spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail