Desert Traveler

Default Contractor has to see you AND the wife????

"Tom Miller" wrote in message

| TOM KAN PA wrote:
|
| Why won't a contractor come out to the house to give me an estimate?
| I called a company that is applying that *liquid vinyl siding*. All

I wanted
| was an estimate. Wasn't going to pick a color. He insisted on coming

out in an
| evening when the wife was home. I told him that I knew how much we

could
| afford and if we go with it, then she can choose the color. Nope, he

would not
| come out just to give me alone an estimate.
| Same for windows. We knew exactly what we wanted. Three sliders, two

double
| hung in white. Nope, we both had to be there.
| As far as I'm concerned two sales could have been lost because of

the
| bullheaded stubborn policy.

1. Have your wife call and request an estimate. See if the salesman
demands that her husband be there as well.

or...

2. Call him back and say that you and your wife would like an estimate
and you will both be available. When he arrives, tell him your wife
had to leave unexpectedly. See if he stays and gives the estimate or
if he reschedules.

or ...

3. Call for an estimate. Tell the salesman you are not married.

And add, "Oh, Gee! You know it is so lonely out here in the country. I DO
wish you would come and visit me. Maybe you could spend the night, and we
could discuss this in the Jaccuzzi?"

steve