Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
prairiesky prairiesky is offline

Default ZERO DAY!!!!!!

On 01/23/2017 06:21 AM, wrote:
On Saturday, January 21, 2017 at 4:02:23 AM UTC-5, prairiesky wrote:

Welcome to RCM. What sort of metalworking do you do?

I am kind of addicted to going to the local scrap yard , finding
something that inspires me to make something. Often I find nothing,
but sometimes I find something that takes only a little work to have
something useful.

I dug the remains of an ornate woodburning stove out of the ground and
made it into my secure vault-like mailbox. Some steel plate came from a
dumpster, then cutting torching and arcing welding gave me the metal
structure. Faced up the sides and back with native basalt.