Posted to rec.woodworking

Default TS Circuit -- Part 2

On Mon, 23 Jan 2017 00:21:39 -0600, Leon wrote:

wrote:
On Fri, 20 Jan 2017 21:23:11 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 1/20/2017 7:23 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 20 Jan 2017 15:15:55 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 1/20/2017 11:46 AM,
wrote:
On Fri, 20 Jan 2017 08:20:01 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 1/20/2017 6:09 AM, J. Clarke wrote:
In article Dr6dnXTZotxCAhzFnZ2dnUU7-
, lcb11211@swbelldotnet
says...

On 1/19/2017 7:46 PM, J. Clarke wrote:
In article ,
says...

Being one of the expensive metals it is a major cost.
Being a heavy metal it is a major cost.
Battery cables are not thin.

So what? I haven't seen a _number_ from you,
just arm waving.

What percentage of the cost of a $20,000 car is
battery cables? What percentage of the weight
of a 2000 pound car is battery cables?

It has been a long standing practice that if a car company could save
two or three cents doing something differently that works they will
reengineer to make that happen.

That's true, but will having two different
electrical systems one on 12v and the other one
48v actually save those few cents?

Only if the wiring can be down sized, that might safe a little and a
little weight to help increase MPG. It seems they will do any thing to
rig what they have to work.

That's the bottom line. If it weren't for CAFE standards, there
would be no talk of 48V systems (or aluminum F150s).

You surely have seen the Chevy commercials comparing the aluminum Ford
bed to the steel Chevy bed.

Yup. Ford made a huge mistake.

Chevy will be building the next years modes with aluminum too. GM,
always a day late and a dollar short.

Dumb. They're going to chase people to the Japanese trucks.

I wonder how they will advertise that!

Ford is comming out with a brand new F150 next year (don't know if
it's AL). This model didn't last long.

It is a refresh, I think the aluminum is going to stick.

Either way I was a GM man for years until I had to take the brunt of the
problems, Service Sales manager for a GM dealership, I went Japanese as
soon as I could. Still drivin an 07 Tundra.

The Japanese trucks were a good $15K-$20K more than I paid for my
F150. Not close to competetive.

A lot of that has to do with dealer stock. I always get pricing by
building online. I only see about 10% difference when comparing that way.
I was looking at Ford and GMC/Chevrolet in 07 and was thoroughly discussed
and ready to wait another year. We decided to check Toyota at the end of
the day and the test drive was what put me back in the mood an we bought
that day.

Nope. It didn't matter. The book prices were that much different, as
close to equivalent options as possible. Acutally, the out-the-door
price difference was even bigger (special deals with the manufacturers
- "X-Plan").