Edwin Pawlowski

Default Contractor has to see you AND the wife????

"john williamson" wrote in message
I think it is somewhat reasonable to
expect the sales person to have the opportunity to see both. Don't
forget the estimates are free, if you were paying for them, the customer
has a more legit complaint.

The customer is requesting something for free, the requested can provide
it or not.

It is a sales tactic. He has both people and can play on the soft side of
the wife. He then has both people thee to sign the contract.

Fact is, he can give a free estimate over the phone. All he has to know is
the number of square feet of the house. He won't do that because he is
going to ask a lot more than the customer expect, but in the excitement of
the moment, they will sign the contract.

When I was looking to replace the roof with a metal roof, I had the same
thing. They wanted to come when we were both home. The estimate was for
$14,500. When I said no, he made a counter offer. He would give me a better
price if I signed tonight, but he would not tell me how much the reduction
would be until I agreed. Rational was that he did not have to make another
trip to finalize the deal.

I sad no again and had a standard 30 year roof put on for $4000. It will
probably outlast me so the extra $10,500 is not much of an incentive to get
another 20 years.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome