Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How to carve limestone with homebrew machines

On Sun, 22 Jan 2017 09:43:25 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Larry Jaques on Sat, 21 Jan 2017
10:46:45 -0800 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
And we haven't discussed the need for filmmakers to have a steady hand
and to pay attention to what they're filming. Gawd, so many of those
films just purely SUCK.

Even the ones with a "professional" set up tend to suck. My

Agreed. A braindead idiot with a $4k camera is still an idiot.

Son-in-law is in teaching, and one of those is the recording of
videos. And how the really good ones - well, let us say that all
those casual spontaneous comments, they're scripted and rehearsed.

But of course.

Professionalism includes how closely you pay attention to WTF is going
on. Remember the filming of Bill Clinton on Normandy beach "all by
himself, with his thoughts.", with the shadows of half a dozen torsos
in the picture? Oops! And that's how we end up with a guy shooting
200 uninterrupted shots from a rifle with a 30 round mag, even when
they have a guy on-set with the word "Continuity" on his jacket.

--
There is s no such thing as a hyphenated American who is
a good American.* The only man who is a good American is