Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default TS Circuit -- Part 2

On 1/21/2017 9:23 PM, J. Clarke wrote:
In article M5ednRZuFKF3ghnFnZ2dnUU7-
, lcb11211@swbelldotnet
says...

On 1/21/2017 8:45 PM,
wrote:

My last Sonata was a 2.0 turbo. Shocked a Camero driver that I stayed
right beside him no matter how hard he pushed the pedal. I have no idea
how well it would be at 150,000 or more miles though compared to a big
V-8.

Most pony cars aren't very fast. Standard
engine in a Camaro is a 275 HP 2 liter turbo 4.
"Big" engine is a 455 HP 6.2 V8. But there's
also a separate "ZL1" model which has the 6.2
with a blower for 650 HP. That one costs more
than an entry-level Corvette though.

The standard engine for a Mustang is a 6cyl 227CID 300HP. It isn't
particularly fast but it's not a slug, either. The car is pretty
heavy, though (partularly the convertible).

The other options are an "EcoBoost" 4-cylinder 75CID 310HP, and a
302CID 425HP, and 315CID 526HP, eight. They should move.

Here is one for you, I kinda got into an acceleration contest on the
freeway with my son. I was driving my wife's 2012 V6 Camrey, and she
was in the car. It went from about 45 mph getting on the freeway to
about 90.
He could not keep up. 84 Corvette 350, in pristine condition for a 30
year old vehicle.

Reasonable. They weigh about the same and the
Camry has 60 more horsepower.

Yes! plus a load more torque.

Top speed would have been another matter. He does not like to be
reminded. LOL

Might not. Mine topped out at about 145. I
understand that officially a 2012 V6 Camry was
good for 143.

I read 130, governor limited. To tell you the truth I think Toyota may
be stating a specific under rated hp much like Chevrolet did in the 60's.