Posted to rec.woodworking

Default TS Circuit -- Part 2

On Sat, 21 Jan 2017 22:00:38 -0500, FrozenNorth

On 2017-01-21 9:45 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 21 Jan 2017 21:32:58 -0500, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

In article ,
says...

On 1/21/2017 8:19 PM, J. Clarke wrote:

Well those engines, normally aspirated iron block, are disappearing fast
and I have not seen any 3 cylinder 45 cid engines that you are talking
about.

Ford ecoboost. I exaggerate a bit but they're
getting 123 HP out of a 60 cubic inch turbo 3 in
the Focus.

My last Sonata was a 2.0 turbo. Shocked a Camero driver that I stayed
right beside him no matter how hard he pushed the pedal. I have no idea
how well it would be at 150,000 or more miles though compared to a big
V-8.

Most pony cars aren't very fast. Standard
engine in a Camaro is a 275 HP 2 liter turbo 4.
"Big" engine is a 455 HP 6.2 V8. But there's
also a separate "ZL1" model which has the 6.2
with a blower for 650 HP. That one costs more
than an entry-level Corvette though.

The standard engine for a Mustang is a 6cyl 227CID 300HP. It isn't
particularly fast but it's not a slug, either. The car is pretty
heavy, though (partularly the convertible).

The other options are an "EcoBoost" 4-cylinder 75CID 310HP, and a
302CID 425HP, and 315CID 526HP, eight. They should move.

The 6 is being discontinued, just 4 and 8 cylinder variants for next year.

That's a definite bummer. I don't trust the eco-boost engine. I've
had my fill of turbos.