Posted to uk.d-i-y
Caecilius[_2_] Caecilius[_2_] is offline

Default Converting 3-phase to single phase with resilience

On Sat, 21 Jan 2017 08:45:04 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

It does seem strange to me that power outages are often enough to be a
problem. Maybe the infrastructure where you are needs some serious work.
Might be an idea to see how many locals this affects and get on to the power
network people to fix it properly rather than messing around with the
supply. After all in my road the phases are fed to alternate houses so if
this did happen a lot every third house would lose power, and they don't.
Brian

Strange it may be, but it keeps happening. The power was out for the
best part of two days this week in two seperate outages.

The UK power networks engineer said that they'd finally worked out the
problem, which was apparently caused by two substations being linked
when no such link was shown on the map.

But we've had promises of "it's all fixed now" for a few years, and
each year there's one or two months with outages.