Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] onetimethisguy@gmail.com is offline

Default Camlock Spindle Assembly again

On Wednesday, January 23, 2008 at 3:21:44 PM UTC-8, Bob AZ wrote:
The Camlock Spindle Nose Assembly has the camlock part mounted on or
secured to the spindle. On my lathe it appears to be a separate piece
that is either pressed on or thread mounted and then secured somehow.
Probably not welded.

Somebody or somewhere the camlock assembly must be made by somebody.
But who or where. It certainly is not intergral with the spindle as
the cost of removing all the metal around the spindle part would be
enormous.

So does anyone know where the Camlock Spindle assembly is available?

Thanks
Bob AZ

I know this is an old thread but I have a metric buttload of really expensive beautiful chucks all with the d1-4 camlock backplates....

I have a couple of smaller lathes but want to build a large one. I would like to incorporate the camlock into the spindle and was wondering if anyone ever got anywhere with this?
ALSO, another use I have considered is having a camlock spindle nose to mount to a rotary table because that would be awesome for changing out chucks...