Posted to alt.home.repair
FrozenNorth[_9_] FrozenNorth[_9_] is offline

Default Furnace not coming on with programmable thermostat

On 2017-01-20 12:08 PM, home owner wrote:
FrozenNorth: What do you mean by "span"?

It is a setting on my Honeywell thermostat, it adjusts between electric,
vs natural gas etc and the time they take to heat and recover.
If you set your thermostat, for 72 degrees, it may not urn on till it
gets to 71.5 and be off at 72.5 as an example at one setting, but could
be even closer or looser on other settings or the type of fuel.

Note I just pulled those numbers out of my ass, the idea is to keep your
furnace spending all day shutting on and off.

--
Froz....