Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default Cooker circuit question

On 20/01/2017 11:12, wrote:
On Friday, 20 January 2017 11:05:16 UTC, Bert Coules wrote:
The kitchen in my newly-(almost) completed extension has a (professionally
installed) 45A radial cooker circuit which currently terminates in a
junction box. I don't intend to install a cooker but I do need to power an
electric domino hob and a fridge-freezer close to where the box is situated.
Is there any reason why I can't take two 2.5mm cables from the junction box
via two switches to two sockets, to do so?

If the junction box is before/instead of a cooker control unit, no.

2.5mm2 is not rated for a 45A circuit!

It would be fine if he de-rated the breaker.