Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default LED lamps, source and value

Have you also checked to see what interference they can chuck out. some are
terrible, one assumes the dreaded switch mode psu.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"dave" wrote in message
I'd like to replace all the lamps/bulb in house with LED ones (mains
bayonett fittings).

I bought a couple the other day from Tesco £7 each - and I like the
colour - and the power saving :-) Is that price a reasonable one for
8W LED lamp?

I'd just like to ask if someone can recommend a site to buy such
lamps from? My 'friends' google and ebay has zillions, but don't want
to end up with a stack of fakes. A bit cynical but it adds up to quite
a sum to change them all. Seen a few comments saying Lidl/Aldi LED
lamps are good value and quality.Thanks for any info on this.

OT: Afaik the LED lamps really are LED arrays - so I guess there is
some arsenic toxicity risk in disposal? (Minute amounts). And CFL's
have Hg. Just mention this because Sains.s lamp recycling bin is
always crammed full of CFL's - many are smashed!