Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default LED lamps, source and value

In article ,
dave wrote:
I bought a couple the other day from Tesco £7 each - and I like the
colour - and the power saving :-) Is that price a reasonable one for
8W LED lamp?

Not an expert, but the LEDs in my local Tesco seem to be a lot more
expensive than the local ASDA. And the ASDA ones I've bought dim with a
normal dimmer too. The Tesco ones I looked at say 'not dimmable'.

But I've not used LEDs anywhere they matter yet. Same as CFL. OK for just
providing light of a sort - but until they are as good as halogen I'll
stick to them.

--
*INDECISION is the key to FLEXIBILITY *

Dave Plowman London SW