Posted to rec.woodworking
Just Another Joe Just Another Joe is offline

Default What kind of nail gun?

In article
,
Leon wrote:

Michael wrote:
I'm taking the flooring out of my front room, laying down 3/4 inch
plywood and 1/4 inch cement board, and then tile. I want to use a nail
gun to build additional 2 X 4 supports for screwing down the plywood. I
don't need the Cadillac of nail guns, but I would like one that I can use
on other building projects in the future for 2 X 4 framing, maybe
building a porch or shed or somethng like that. I have a 33 gallon air
compressor that I'll use with this gun. So what are the recommendations?
Thanks, Mike

Bostitch framing nail gun.

Michael,

I'd have to agree with Leon.

The Bostitch line is a happy medium of price & quality.

I have had their framer, finish nailer, and brad nailer for years with
only one minor hiccup. The trigger valve on the brad nailer went tits
up on me some years ago. The local hardware store (a Bostitch dealer)
had the part in stock for $25, and 20 minutes later I was back in
business.

Joe